httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Zero Altitude" <zeroaltit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BUG: Problem with latest subversion libapreq2 on linux 64 bit amd (segfault accessing handle variable)
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 06:16:07 GMT
I apologize: can you clarify the watchpoint suggestion?  If you mean
"while running the program" as in, while apache is still running and
not crashed, this is virtually impossible -- as I said, the segfault
occurs only once in a few thousand uploads.  If you mean "while
running the program" as in, while running gdb on the core dump, then I
am not sure how to set a watchpoint in that context.  Do I just put a
breakpoint at the beginning of my function, set the watchpoint on
"handle", and then tell the program to run?  Can you 'watch' a
variable in the context of a core dump?  My apologies for the noobish
nature of the question -- I'm not GDB expert.

Thank you,

Eddie