httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: Can't make spool bucket + apreqXXXXXX temp files - Windows & 2.08
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 04:12:30 GMT
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Peter Walsham wrote:

> I have two problems and I don't know if they are related.
> I see there has been some previous discussions of the
> problems I have been encountering, but as there aren't
> solutions currently I thought I would post details on
> them.

Thanks - you're right that this is still a problem ...

> Both problems involve using Apache2::Upload on Windows.
> They always occur on the 4 machines I've tested on (3x
> Windows Server 2003 and 1x XP Pro). I'm using libapreq2
> 2.08 (see bottom for more specs).
>
> Both problems make Apache2::Upload unusable on Windows in a production
> environment.

> Problem 1 - Temp files are always left in c:/WINDOWS/Temp
>
> Temp files are always left in c:/WINDOWS/Temp until shutdown and cannot be
> removed through perl or explorer

> Problem 2 - A large proportion of uploads fail (maybe 20-50%)
>
> A large proportion of uploads fail (maybe 20-50%) and
> produce errors such as:
>
> "$param->upload_tempname($req): can't make spool bucket"
> or
> "(OS 5)Access is denied.  : apreq_brigade_concat failed; TempDir problem?"
>
> This problem seems to occur slightly more with larger
> files, but it is not deterministic. Repeated tries with
> the same file will eventually result in success, but
> sometime take 20 retries. I have mainly been testing with
> images, JPGs etc. Multiple upload request in any one
> second seem to increase the chance of failure.

The fact that this isn't an easily reproduceable problem
makes it difficult to track down. Assuming you got
the libapreq2 package through ppm via
   http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/
would you mind testing out the current libapreq2
package? It contains a change that has helped at
least one other person with a similar problem.
The version hasn't changed, so you may have to
uninstall libapreq2 first, and also, stop Apache,
so that the mod_apreq2.so Apache module can get
installed. Thanks.

--
best regards,
Randy Kobes