httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Error Building libapreq2.08
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:12:18 GMT
Jonathan Vanasco <jvanasco@2xlp.com> writes:

> On Apr 15, 2007, at 9:22 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>> Jonathan Vanasco <apreq-dev-list@2xlp.com> writes:
>>
>>> I encountered an error building libapreq2.08
>>>
>>> I posted it on the mp list when I thought it was perl related, but
>>> the issue seems to be in the C code , so i'm reposting here.
>>>
>>> I'm running osx 10.4.9
>>
>> What optimization flags are you using?  You may need -O0 on osx.
>
> Makefile had:
>
> 	CFLAGS = -g -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing
> 	CXXFLAGS = -g -O2
>
> I tried it as -O0, no luck
>
> Any other  suggestions?

Try configuring with --enable-maintainer-mode set, and watch
for compile-time warnings when library/util.c is compiled.

If that doesn't help, it might be worthwhile to figure out
what the actual error is in the failing apreq_decode test.
When you do % make, that should build a library/t/util binary
that you can run from the command line, which will show the
raw output of the tests.  If that doesn't give enough info,
add AT_trace_on() to the source code right before the failing
tests, recompile, and run the tests again.

--
Joe Schaefer