httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Parsing error when parsing the second time
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 13:28:03 GMT
Andy Grundman <andy@hybridized.org> writes:

> On Mar 31, 2007, at 12:42 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>>> I'm working on trying to improve the performance of Catalyst's body
>>> parsing. We're currently using the all-Perl HTTP::Body, and it
>>> actually beats APR::Request for urlencoded data.  The regexes are
>>> pretty simple, so this isn't too surprising.
>>
>> Still pretty impressive that you can do it faster than apreq2 can.
>> Have you tried comparing it with apreq2's query string parser?
>> That one's not stream oriented, so it should be a bit faster than
>> our body parser.
>
> I think I avoided this because I wasn't sure if it took into account
> any kind of query string length limit.  But I'll check the code and
> give it a try.

There is no limit on query string length in libapreq2.

>> One of our grand plans is to divorce APR from mod-perl iteself,
>> so it can ship as a standalone set of wrappers for libapr and
>> libaprutil.  Another is to fold apreq2's stuff into the
>> various projects it interacts with.
>>
>> That would significantly lower the barrier to entry for apreq,
>> because it wouldn't even exist as a separate distribution anymore.
>> It would just be part of all the other stuff.
>
> Cool.  I guess there's a lot of handy memory-handling code in libapr
> that would have to be replaced in order to have a completely
> standalone module.

The idea would be to bundle our stuff with libapr(util) and httpd and APR,
so we'd keep the dependency without forcing users to deal with it.
Part of the problem we face is acceptance amongst those communities
to take responsibility for our code.  If the code isn't accompanied
by a few developers capable of maintaining it, then it will never get
accepted elsewhere.

--
Joe Schaefer