httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Walsham <pe...@axomic.com>
Subject Can't make spool bucket + apreqXXXXXX temp files - Windows & 2.08
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:59:52 GMT

Hi,

I have two problems and I don't know if they are related. I see there
has been some previous discussions of the problems I have been
encountering, but as there aren't solutions currently I thought I would
   post details on them.

Both problems involve using Apache2::Upload on Windows. They always
occur on the 4 machines I've tested on (3x Windows Server 2003 and 1x XP
Pro). I'm using libapreq2 2.08 (see bottom for more specs).

Both problems make Apache2::Upload unusable on Windows in a production
environment.

If anyone would like further details please don't hesitate to ask.

Many Thanks in advance

Peter Walsham (Axomic Ltd)

Problem 1 - Temp files are always left in c:/WINDOWS/Temp

Temp files are always left in c:/WINDOWS/Temp until shutdown and cannot
be removed through perl or explorer

e.g.

c:/WINDOWS/Temp/apreq0wuKHF

Problem 2 - A large proportion of uploads fail (maybe 20-50%)

A large proportion of uploads fail (maybe 20-50%) and produce errors
such as:

"$param->upload_tempname($req): can't make spool bucket"

or

"(OS 5)Access is denied.  : apreq_brigade_concat failed; TempDir problem?"

This problem seems to occur slightly more with larger files, but it is
not deterministic. Repeated tries with the same file will eventually
result in success, but sometime take 20 retries. I have mainly been
testing with images, JPGs etc. Multiple upload request in any one second
seem to increase the chance of failure.

Example upload perl code...

my $request  = new Apache2::Request($r);
my $upload   = $request->upload('fileToUpload');
my $tempname = $upload->tempname();
my $buffer;
my $io = $upload->io();
open(UPLOAD_FILE,'> '.$filePath);
binmode(UPLOAD_FILE);
while($io->read($buffer)) {
     print UPLOAD_FILE $buffer;
}
close(UPLOAD_FILE);

Specs for 2 of the machines...

Windows XP
Service Pack 2 build 2600
Apache/2.2.3 (Win32)
libapreq2 - 2.08
mod_perl  - 2.0.3
Perl      - 5.8.8

Windows Server 2003
Service Pack 1 build 3790
Apache/2.2.4 (Win32)
libapreq2 - 2.08
mod_perl  - 2.0.3
Perl      - 5.8.8

--

OpenAsset - Image Management for Architects, Designers & Engineers
Axomic Ltd

The information contained in this message is confidential and should not
be disclosed to any third party whether or not you are the intended
addressee indicated in the message. Any views or opinions presented are
Axomic Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination,
printing, forwarding or copying of this e mail is strictly prohibited.