httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: apreqXXXXXX temp files remain after processing uploads greater than 256kb. Further large upload fails
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 21:20:58 GMT
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Vinay Y S wrote:

> On 3/9/07, Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com> wrote:
>>     flag = APR_CREATE | APR_READ | APR_WRITE | APR_EXCL | APR_BINARY;
>>     /* Win32 needs the following to remove temp files.
>>      * XXX: figure out why the APR_SHARELOCK flag works;
>>      * a grep through the httpd sources seems to indicate
>>      * it's only used in sdbm files??
>>     */
>> #ifdef WIN32
>>     flag |= APR_FILE_NOCLEANUP | APR_SHARELOCK;
>> #endif
>>     rc = apr_file_mktemp(fp, tmpl, flag, pool);
>>
>> Randy, do you know why we use the APR_FILE_NOCLEANUP flag?  Maybe
>> we should just remove that and see if it fixes the problem Vinay
>> is seeing.
>
> Yes, removing APR_FILE_NOCLEANUP does exactly the same thing as my
> patch. Rather, we can remove the whole #ifdef WIN32 as APR_SHARELOCK
> isn't used for anything in file_io on win32 today.

I'll have to look at this - there's a discussion at
of why this was introduced. I remember that this was
a frustrating issue, as something that worked on one
system in removing temp files didn't work on another
(at least between Steve and myself). What was committed
seemed to work "most" of the time for "most" systems,
at least at that time.

--
best regards,
Randy