httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Grundman <a...@hybridized.org>
Subject Re: Parsing error when parsing the second time
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 12:57:07 GMT

On Mar 31, 2007, at 12:42 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

>> I'm working on trying to improve the performance of Catalyst's body
>> parsing. We're currently using the all-Perl HTTP::Body, and it
>> actually beats APR::Request for urlencoded data.  The regexes are
>> pretty simple, so this isn't too surprising.
>
> Still pretty impressive that you can do it faster than apreq2 can.
> Have you tried comparing it with apreq2's query string parser?
> That one's not stream oriented, so it should be a bit faster than
> our body parser.

I think I avoided this because I wasn't sure if it took into account
any kind of query string length limit.  But I'll check the code and
give it a try.

> One of our grand plans is to divorce APR from mod-perl iteself,
> so it can ship as a standalone set of wrappers for libapr and
> libaprutil.  Another is to fold apreq2's stuff into the
> various projects it interacts with.
>
> That would significantly lower the barrier to entry for apreq,
> because it wouldn't even exist as a separate distribution anymore.
> It would just be part of all the other stuff.

Cool.  I guess there's a lot of handy memory-handling code in libapr
that would have to be replaced in order to have a completely
standalone module.