httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: TSU NOTIFICATION - Encryption
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 04:14:38 GMT
[removed CCs to the NSA, BIS, and archive. ;-)]

On Feb 25, 2007, at 7:17 PM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> I'm so out of the loop at the moment its not even funny.
>
> Do we need to do something with this ?

No, it was just a legal notice filed in case someone decides
that libapreq2 qualifies as export-controlled because of its
close association with httpd 2.x.  It probably doesn't, given
Cliff's clarification on how far 5D002 status extends.

In other words, don't worry about it.  See
    <http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html>
    <http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/>
if you want more information.

....Roy