httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Gimenez <ggime...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [Fwd: libapreq2: apreq_body doesn't work as expected when body like "a=1&=&c=3" is passed]
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:31:26 GMT
*Joe Schaefer <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?a=105233401000001&r=1&w=2>*
writes: <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?a=105233401000001&r=1&w=2>
 > This is a feature, not a bug. The parser will stop parsing when
 > it encounters malformed input (which this case is- the specs don't
 > allow for empty name attributes in successful form controls). The
 > form-data prior to the bad one should be in the table tho, and
 > apreq_body() should return an error (not APR_SUCCESS).

Hi,

I agree with the fact that apreq_body should return an error when
_unresolvable_ malformed input is encountered.
But in this case, nothing forbids empty names ( take a look at the html
DTD ). IMHO, I think that any program must be tolerant with what it
receives and strict with what it send. BTW the web browser is strict
when it sends dummy key/value pairs regarding to DTD.

But, Like all others libraries I use, I usually forget the specs :) and
it was just a bad surprise, not a problem at all. I just want to have
the best free software.

Best regards.