httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <apreq-dev-l...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: [bugzilla@apache.org: New: #40759: Unable to compile libapreq2]
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:37:53 GMT

On Dec 11, 2006, at 11:33 AM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> Joe Orton wrote:
>> Forwarded and closed since there is no apreq product in bugzilla,
>> let infra know if you want one :)
>> (this -lipv6api doesn't come from API so I presume it comes form
>> apreq?)
> [8:32:02](ttypf)pgollucci@pgollucci1.office.tmcs:         /home/
> pgollucci/dev/repos/asf/httpd/apreq/trunk 100 0 >
> grep -R v6api *
>
> [nothing]
>
> I doubt its from apreq.  Its probably part of the linker flags from
> earlier in the AMP stack.
>
> Did you compile everything with gcc ?
> perl, httpd, mod_perl etc.... ?

is there a lipv6api file somewhere on the system , like in /usr/local/
lib or something?

i kept running into an issue on freebsd where apreq kept looking in
the apache2 dir ( /usr/local/lib/apache2 ) instead of /usr/local/lib
everything would fail , because only a handful of apache specific
libraries were in there

i ended  up solving it by doing some particularly nasty stuff
regarding gcc, which works - but it messy as all hell

i'd check to see if you have the lipv6api somewhere in /usr/local/lib
or /usr/opt.    i *think* its possible that libapreq is only looking
in /usr/opt/hpapache2
also check  the line above your error to see what exactly got linked
correctly.

its just a hunch... but it seems to be exactly like what was driving
me crazy last weekend.

// Jonathan Vanasco