httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: memory leaking on POST
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:57:56 GMT
"Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>> Until someone teaches apreq_brigade_fwrite about spool buckets,
>> it probably shouldn't be used for upload brigades.  Sorry about that.
> I was looking at this a while ago -- APR/U have this function.

Really?  What's it called?

> We custom coded our own -- why ?

Because I didn't know apr has something like it? In any case,
the "mistake" here is that apreq_brigade_fwrite doesn't
consume the brigade, but leaves it "intact".  I should
have made that function consume the brigade instead- my bad.

The fix is easy enough- just use apr_file_read instead of
apr_bucket_read when dealing with spool buckets.  That'd fix
the memory problem for this particular use-case. I wrote a patch
last night, but I haven't had the opportunity to write any tests
for it yet, and probably won't until the weekend comes around.

--
Joe Schaefer