httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan <apreq-dev-l...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: freebsd upgrade problem
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 05:32:22 GMT

On Nov 27, 2006, at 7:31 PM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> If I were you, I would build subversion with mod_dav_svn even if
> you are not going to use it -- you can not load it in the
> httpd.conf later.  During this build, let the ports system build
> APR and dbd for you -- WITH_APACHE2_APR=yes its something close to
> that switch.

already  did that.  uninstalled and reinstalled.  no luck.

i'm alternating between errors on expat and db4 now -- it seems that
anything that hits apr won't link to any of its libraries right.
i've been trying to do libapreq off the ports and source -- no luck
on either.

any port that builds against things that aren't apr -- no problem.
introduce apr, and it chokes on bdb or expat.

> Can you do a ldd on mod_apreq.so
no.  i deinstalled it for the upgrade.  so now i've got one in
memory, and no way to build it.

> If you need to be up in a hurry, you can likely symlink a different
> version into place, or use /etc/libmap.conf to map it accordingly.
i'm close to buying another box, migratoing my system on a clean
install, and reformatting this one.  something odd happened, and i
can't figure it out at all.  apr seems to be the only thing
affected.  its driving me crazy.

// Jonathan Vanasco