httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian McQueen" <mcqueenor...@gmail.com>
Subject brigade to stream
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2006 00:03:37 GMT
I have a library function that reads from a file descriptor, and I'd
like to jam it into a filter.  I've been thinking that GNU libc has
some cool features where one can define custom streams.  If one
defines a read, write, seek, close and a position data structure, GNU
libc lets you open a stream via those tools, producing a FILE *.
Maybe that would allow me to read from a brigade as if it  were a FILE
* and I could pass it on to this library function.  Of course its very
platform specific, but that is an overrated virtue anyway.  What do
you all think of the specific idea, and do you have any better way for
me to get access to this library?  I could give the library a buffer
too, but the buffer would be way too large, so I want something more
stream oriented.  I'd like to be able to hand off a brigade to the
library, but of course nobody else has brigades.

Brian