httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@taperfriendlymusic.org>
Subject Re: Problems with apreq2 on OS X
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 20:34:47 GMT
> I know, I'm just frustrated and venting after losing many hours of dev
> time. The reason CGI won't work in my case is I've written all this code
> as a handler and putting into CGI seems like it'd be a lot of work.
> Maybe not, I'm not sure what I would have to change since I rely so much
> on the request object.

Not much :)  Unless you are calls specific to libapreq, the main api is
pretty much identical.

my $cgi = CGI->new($r);
my $req = Apache2::Request->new($r);

my $foo = $cgi->param('foo');
my $req = $req->param('foo);

> When you say to use an earlier version of libapreq, do you mean version
> 1.0? That won't work because all the linux dists I deal with are ones
> with pre-packaged mod_perl2 and apache2 (but haven't been able to get
> apreq to compile correctly against those pre-package versions, trying
> everything from source).

Try libapreq2-2.07 or 2.08
(http://apache.seekmeup.com/httpd/libapreq/libapreq2-2.07.tar.gz)

Use the same directory structure for earlier (or later) versions.  I try
to avoid the pre-packaged mod_perl and apache versions on most linux
distributions.  Some of them get it right, but most don't (same for most
any package that you are building an application on).  I build mod_perl
and apache from source always.

> Thanks for your replies!

No problem.  Sometimes you will run into frustrating issues, but the
reason they are obvious is because the rest of the time these tools are
making you productive :)