httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@taperfriendlymusic.org>
Subject Re: Problems with apreq2 on OS X
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 20:09:59 GMT
Patrick Galbraith wrote:
> Fred,
>
> Ok: I have this failure on
> 1. OS X
> 2. Suse 10.0 amd 64
> 3. Suse 9.3   intel 32
>
> Has anyone addressed this? This is what I would call severely broke. I
> would prefer not to use CGI. After this week, I think maybe the universe
> is telling me to learn PHP after all these years of being a perl developer.

The short answer would be to use an earlier release of libapreq - this
only happened to me with the latest release.  Or use CGI for now until
it's fixed.  There's nothing wrong with using CGI while this bug gets
worked out, the api is the same for the most part.  libapreq is still in
a development version, and chances are that your application will not
bottleneck on CGI.

If you go to PHP, you should not expect a trouble free life :) I don't
have anything against PHP, but it has it's own set of problems.  With
development in any language, you need to make sure that you keep a tight
hold on your versions.  Using the latest version of something isn't
always the best move, as experience has taught me.  It's nice to try it
out and report bugs back, and helpful to the development of the project,
but use the version that works for you.

I've dug around a bit in the code trying to resolve this issue, but it's
a bit above my head right now.