httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Galbraith <p...@mysql.com>
Subject Chicken and Egg problem
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 00:57:50 GMT
Hi all,

I have experienced frustrations on both Suse and Fedora core linux
getting apreq2 installed:

/root/.cpan/build/libapreq2-2.08/glue/perl/xsbuilder/APR/Request/Apache2/APR__Request__Apache2.h:1:22:

error: mod_perl.h: No such file or directory

On Fedora, I was lucky enough to find a mod_perl dev package with Yum,
as well as a libapreq2.

On Suse, I don't see _anything_ with Yast the gives me the header files
for mod_perl 2.0.

Has anyone dealt with this on Suse? I wonder why they packaged it this
way. I feel I've been transported back in time to the early Slackware
days of having to hack everything to make it work. I suppose I should
ask Suse this question.

Thanks in advance for any work-arounds for this. I suppose one way is to
get the source to mod_perl (that is, if perl.apache.org ever comes up!)

Patrick