httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE]: libapreq2 2.09-RC1
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 14:42:14 GMT
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Please download, test, and report back on the following
> candidate tarball:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/apreq2/libapreq2-2.09-rc1.tar.gz

All tests OK on Win32 (on a single run, at least--I'm not sure if the
previous problems with upload.t have gone away or not) using perl-5.8.8
and apache-2.2.2.

It took me a while to get it to work, though.  It kept falling over part
of the way through the tests complaining that C:\apache2\bin\Apache.exe
could not be found (which is correct!--it is now called
C:\apache2\bin\httpd.exe in 2.2.2).

It turns out that it was getting this old path from an old
Apache/TestConfigData.pm file that was left over in my perl5/site/lib
folder, presumably from some time ago when I was using apache-2.0.x.

I simply blew away the old TestConfigData.pm file, ran the tests again
and all was well (with a new, updated TestConfigData.pm being generated
along the way).

mod_perl-2.0.3-rc1 didn't have this problem when I tested that with the
same old perl5 directory a little earlier today, so I'm not sure what
libapreq's problem was.

Would it be sensible for {mod_perl|Apache-Test|libapreq} (delete as
appropriate!) to delete any old TestConfigData.pm file when installing a
new version of one of those packages?

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.