httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.08-RC5
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 09:55:09 GMT
On Sun, 2006-08-06 at 21:40 -0700, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> Can you clue me in on this Fedora stuff and pardon my cluelessness.

I'm not really an FE expert, but I'll give it a go :-)

> Do you test build it first, or just submit it to that service and it does everything
?

Normally, I'll run build locally to make sure everything is OK (this is
optional, of course). Then, I'll build using the FE build system (this
happens on i386, PPC and x86_64). This enables everyone that is
subscribed to FE Development to get the new package for testing in the
next few days.

> Or do you test build it afterwards ?

The idea is that if there are FC/FE users using libapreq2 out there,
they will file bug reports and let me know if the package is broken.
Sometimes I'm the guy that hits problems (e.g. -fno-strict-aliasing).

> And what does it mean exactly if the service says "good"

When the service says "good", it means "I can build the thing on my
build platforms".

PS. If you question is "does the build run 'make test'", the answer is
no.

--
Bojan