httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.08-RC4
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 03:46:25 GMT
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Steve Hay wrote:

> Yes, that works for me!  I tried the individual test and
> the whole test suite dozens of times over and didn't get a
> single failure. I'm not sure how it makes any difference,
> though, or exactly what it does.  I searched the whole of
> my httpd-2.2.2 folder and only found one use of it
> (actually, of its new name, APR_FOPEN_SHARELOCK) relating
> to sdbm files. What am I missing?

I'm baffled now, too - as far as I can see too, apr
only uses APR_FOPEN_SHARELOCK in sdbm files, and neither
mod_perl nor librapreq2 seems to use it. But it does
make a difference - although I don't see as many
failures as you do, without APR_FOPEN_SHARELOCK I
definitely get temp files left over.

> Is the change safe, or does it introduce any security
> issues with temporary spool files being shared somehow?

That I'm not sure of, especially now that I'm not sure
what it's affecting ...

--
best regards,
Randy