httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.08-RC4
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 04:59:46 GMT
On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, Randy Kobes wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>
>> Steve Hay wrote:
>>> repeatedly from the glue/perl sub-directory and see whether or not it
>>> ever fails for you.  Did you get round to trying that?
>> Just did.  24 times.  100% success.
>> My usual combination of things.
>
> Like Steve, I still see this failing occasionally on Win32,
> but not in a predictable manner. And it's not always the
> same file that fails in the upload test. I'll try some
> things to try to make it reproduceable in the next couple
> of days, but if that doesn't pan out, I wouldn't want this
> to hold up the release.

I think this problem lies in the cleanup of the temp
files used by the upload; when the test fails, I see

[Thu Jul 20 23:45:45 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
(OS 80)The file exists.  :
  apreq_brigade_concat failed; TempDir problem?

which is coming from about line 288 of
module/apache2/filter.c. The "file exists" message
I think comes from the fact that, when the test
fails, there's old temp files left over from
a previous run. So perhaps the cleanup discussed
in library/util.c at around line 797 is failing
occasionally?

--
best regards,
Randy