httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.08-RC4
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:20:25 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Steve Hay wrote:
>
>> Sorry, but I'm still seeing quite a few failures.  I started with a
>> completely fresh build (with your patch applied) and the top-level
>> "nmake test" failed a bunch of upload.t tests first time.  (So it's
>> not just running the test multiple times that causes the problem.)
>> I then cd'd to perl/glue and ran just the upload.t test a dozen times
>> over and it still failed 2 or 3 times.
>
> Sigh :) ... One thing I tried (that didn't make a difference
> for me, but might for you) is in the call to
> apr_pool_cleanup_register( ...) on about line 829 of
> library/util.c, change the last arguments
>     apreq_file_cleanup, apreq_file_cleanup
>     apreq_file_cleanup, apr_pool_cleanup_null
> Does that change anything? The cleanup in apr_file_open
> uses this latter form.

Makes no difference for me either.  I tried it with and without your
previous APR_FILE_NOCLEANUP change, but I still see failures either way.

> Also, just to verify that it is the stray temp files
> left over that are causing the problem, does it help
> if you change the APR_EXCL flag in the call to
> apr_file_mktemp on about line 832 of library/util.c
> to APR_TRUNCATE?

Yep, that makes the errors go away: it didn't fail once in about two
dozen runs.

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.