httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.08-RC3
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:53:12 GMT
Issac Goldstand wrote:
> It didn't unpack on win32 using 7-zip either...  But GNU tar (the native
> binary from the unixutils project on sf, not under cygwin) worked ok
> (except for symbolic links, but that shouldn't be so bad).

Worked OK for me using WinZip.

> I wanted to test the build, since Randy said he couldn't, but ran into
> troubles compiling mod_perl (my gut feeling is that it's related to all
> the apr-1.lib files, and the version of apxs, et al, (at least the one I
> have), seems to be giving the wrong lib names) - and haven't had time to
> really look at that.  It's odd because I don't think libapreq has this
> issue, as it builds the C library quite nicely.

I know that I had trouble with lib names in earlier RC's, but Randy
sorted out the problems with changes to various components.

Make sure you are using the latest mod_perl sources from SVN and you
must get the latest apxs from http://perl.apache.org/dist/win32-bin/
(version 0.4).

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.