httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward L. Abrams" <abr...@bitscrap.com>
Subject Re: Newbie: Question
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2006 21:19:18 GMT
Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately, my module is written in C, so
I suspect the modperl list might not be as helpful.

Here is the skeleton of my upload code.  The function given is the
content handler for this particular request.  There are no significant
prior input filters, and no significant posterior output filters.  When
I POST an upload, this content handler saves the files in the multipart
POST, and returns a trivial response (not fully shown).  In my testing,
it tends to leak memory proportional (but not equal) to the size of the
total upload.

I initialize mod_apreq in the way offered in the documentation: by
LoadModule'ing it, and expecting it to insert itself into the latest
possible input filter position (which should not be difficult, since I
have no other custom input filters).

I apologize for the length of this email.  Thank you for helping out!

Eddie

__snip__

// a content handler
static int do_post(request_rec *r)
{
 apreq_handle_t *handle;
 const apreq_module_t *module;
 apreq_param_t *filebody, *testfilebody;
 apr_bucket_brigade *bb;
 apr_bucket *b;
 char *loopfilename, *myip, *disk, *tmpfile, *newfilename,
*extensionfilename, *lastdot;
 char *localorigfilename_raw, *localorigfilename, *nameindex = NULL;
 const char *buf = NULL;
 apr_file_t *f = NULL;
 unsigned int md_len, copies, filesize = 0, any_processed = 0;
 apr_size_t bytes;
 int i, lresult = 0;

 handle = (apreq_handle_t *)apreq_handle_apache2(r);
 apreq_read_limit_set(handle, READ_LIMIT);
 module = handle->module;

 localorigfilename_raw = (char *)apr_pcalloc(r->pool, 512);
 loopfilename = (char *)apr_pcalloc(r->pool, 16);

 for (i = 0; i < MAX_FILES_PROCESSED; i++)
 {
   filesize = 0;
   sprintf(loopfilename, "%s%d", DEFAULT_FILE_PARAM_NAME, i);

   // i do typically test whether this mulitpart part is a file -- for
the sake of this skeleton, that code is omitted
   filebody = module->body_get(handle, loopfilename);
   memcpy(localorigfilename_raw, (filebody->v).data,
strlen((filebody->v).data));
   bb = filebody->upload;

   tmpfile = create_temp_path(disk, (char *)localorigfilename);

   if (apr_file_open(&f,
tmpfile,APR_WRITE|APR_CREATE|APR_BINARY|APR_TRUNCATE,APR_UREAD|APR_UWRITE|APR_UEXECUTE,
r->pool) != APR_SUCCESS)
   {
      return HTTP_FORBIDDEN;
   }

   // dump the values in this brigade:
   for (b = APR_BRIGADE_FIRST(bb);
        b != APR_BRIGADE_SENTINEL(bb);
        b = APR_BUCKET_NEXT(b))
   {         if (APR_BUCKET_IS_EOS(b))
        {
          break;
        }
        else if (apr_bucket_read(b, &buf, &bytes, APR_BLOCK_READ) ==
APR_SUCCESS)
        {
          // We have a bucket full of raw data
          apr_file_write(f, buf, &bytes);