httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@netmask.it>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.08-RC2
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 09:28:19 GMT
The idea to integrate apreq into the main httpd project was raised
several times in the past, and the consensus among httpd core
developers (except for 1 or 2 disinclined members) was positive and
even excited.

Is it the time to restart this effort?

I know that this is the wrong list, because everybody here is already
convinced, but I'm not a member of ASF nor a committer, and I'm sure
that there are people who have some power there and can push it
forward.

apreq may integrate and help various standard modules a lot. For
example, user-track, or auth (to expand it to cookie-based and session-
based, from its current scope - http-based), or many other things.

Its availability may also help Apache to expand to new important areas,
that are currently available only as external modules.

Of course, it will have to be splitted to several parts - stuff for APR/
APR-UTIL, stuff for httpd server/ (or modules/ ?), stuff for mod_perl,
etc. But it will become a standard part of them, without the need to
download/confiured/build/integrate/install it separately. Which is a yet
another major advantage.

--
Eli Marmor
marmor@netmask.it