httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.08-RC1
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 08:37:56 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Fri, 19 May 2006, Steve Hay wrote:
>
>> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:> Please download, test, and report back on
>> the following> candidate tarball:> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/apreq2/libapreq2-2.08-RC1.tar.gz
>> WinXP/VC++ 6.0, Apache-2.2.2, Perl-5.8.8:
>> - When I run "nmake", the build process falls over at library/error.c
>> with the error:
>> NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make
>> '"C:\apache2\lib\libapr.lib"'Stop.NMAKE : fatal error U1077:
>> '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin\NMAKE.EXE"' :
>> return code '0x2'
>> I assume this is the same problem that mod_perl-2.0 was having until
>> Randy came to the rescue recently: the library in question is now
>> called libapr-1.lib.
>
> The latter problem should now be fixed in the svn sources - thanks.

Thanks, that's fixed the build error.  I have one test script failing,
though.

When I ran "nmake test" from the top-level directory every test in
glue\perl\t\apreq\cgi.t failed with a generic Windows popup error
message saying "perl.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close...":

Failed Test   Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
t\apreq\cgi.t               41   41 100.00%  1-41
Failed 1/10 test scripts, 90.00% okay. 41/191 subtests failed, 78.53% okay.

When I cd into glue\perl and run "nmake test" from there I get different
popups instead complaining about missing DLL's.  If I add their
locations to my PATH then I get the same "perl.exe has encountered..."
messages as before.

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.