httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.08-RC1
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 09:04:11 GMT
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Please download, test, and report back on the following
> candidate tarball:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/apreq2/libapreq2-2.08-RC1.tar.gz

WinXP/VC++ 6.0, Apache-2.2.2, Perl-5.8.8:

- When I extracted the tarball, I found two extra directories (docs and
man) besides libapreq2-2.08.  I trust these won't be in the release version.

- When I ran "perl Makefile.PL --with-apache2=C:/apache2" I got an error
from win32/Configure.pl about Archive-Tar being missing, but this is not
mentioned in the PREREQUISITES file and was not checked by test_prereq
in Makefile.PL before calling this script.

- When I run "nmake", the build process falls over at library/error.c
with the error:

NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make
'"C:\apache2\lib\libapr.lib"'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VC98\Bin\NMAKE.EXE"' : return code '0x2'

I assume this is the same problem that mod_perl-2.0 was having until
Randy came to the rescue recently: the library in question is now called
libapr-1.lib.

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.