httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: File upload
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 17:57:07 GMT
On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Franky Braem wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Franky Braem wrote:
>>
>> The directive
>>    LoadFile "C:/Path/to/Apache2/bin/libapreq2.dll"
>> should specify the absolute location where the
>> libapreq2.dll library resides.
>
> I've downloaded the latest Apache source 2.0.55 and build it using Visual C++
> Express 2005. Now it works (The LoadFile is not needed anymore).
>
> The problems I had was with the previous version of Apache 2.0.54.
>
> Are there any prebuilt binaries for Windows? Or do I always have to build
> libapreq2 myself?

I'm confused by the above, in whether you're having problems
with httpd and/or apreq. The LoadFile directive would be
needed with Apache 2.0.54 or 2.0.55 in using apreq, in order
to load libapreq2.dll, unless the directory it resides in
occurs in your PATH environment variable.

Since you have a working C compiler, it'd be better to
build libapreq2 yourself. For Win32, you should be able
to do, in the unpacked source tree,
    perl Makefile.PL --with-apache2=C:\Path\to\Apache2
    nmake
    nmake test
    nmake install
You'll need ExtUtils::XSBuilder, Test::More, and mod_perl
installed first.

--
best regards,
Randy