httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [RT] what's the roadmap?
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:25:03 GMT
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Ryan Perry wrote:

> On Feb 23, 2006, at 6:38 AM, Nikolay Ananiev wrote:
>
>> I'd like to see the APR::* into a separate package on
>> CPAN and apreq to stay as it is now. Why? Because it can
>> be used on different environments and different servers.
>> For example I want to use apreq with ActiveState's PerlEx
>> on IIS without the need to install Apache and mod_perl.
>
> You bring up a good point.  However, I think the masses
> are better off by moving apreq into httpd.  Supporting a
> proprietary piece of software over enhancing an open
> source one that is more frequently used doesn't seem to
> make sense to me.

Assuming the APR::* modules currently in mod_perl can be
packaged in a separate distribution, one way to accommodate
both viewpoints is to include the sources for the libapreq2
library in both httpd (used for the Apache mod_apreq2) and
also in a separate Perl distribution (used for APR::Request
and friends).

--
best regards,
Randy