httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Younker" <donk...@hotmail.com>
Subject Cookies in IE/Non-dev libapreq2 version for apache2?
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 00:21:53 GMT
Hello All,

I recently upgraded to the following (on a rhel3 box mason2.2):
Apache/2.0.55
mod_ssl/2.0.55
OpenSSL/0.9.8
mod_apreq2-20050712/2.1.3-dev
mod_perl/2.0.2
Perl/v5.8.0

Everything has been running fine on my linux dev box (using firefox 1.5).
However, when I switch over to my windows box and use internet explorer, I
can't get any cookie info.

Here is a simple test which shows the problem (where $r below is an
Apache2::RequestRec object):

--start--

my $jar = Apache2::Cookie::Jar->new($r);
$m->out("Jar Status: ". $jar->status() ."<br>");

--end--

In Firefox 1.5 (linux/windows), this prints: "Jar Status: Success"
In IE 6.0.28 (windows), I am getting: "Jar Status: Missing input data"

Of course I would like to go on and gather data on/manipulate cookies (which
I can do just fine in FF), but for IE the object I get back is undef and
thus blows up in my face.

At this point, I want to install a reliably stable, non-dev version of
libapreq2 so that I be sure the problem is not something with a
Apache2::Cookie stuff. Or, better yet, if you have *any* ideas where I have
gone wrong (missing module, perhaps an entry missing from my httpd.conf), I
would really, really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Jason