httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Boysenberry Payne <boysenbe...@humaniteque.com>
Subject Re: make error
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:59:45 GMT
> it looks like its trying to mod_apreq from your build dir with a non
> installed  /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapreq2.2.dylib ( you haven't
> installed it there yet )
>
> my guess is that you set a prefix ( or didn't set one when you should
> have)

I used:

./configure --with-apache2-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
--enable-perl-glue

I took out:
--with-expat=/usr/local/apr

Because, there was nothing at /usr/local/apr.  What should I use?

When I did:
find /usr/local -name "apr"
nothing showed up.

I have Apache2 installed in /usr/local/apache2 with the following
./configure settings:
--with-mpm=prefork --enable-mods-shared=all --enable-proxy
--enable-rewrite --enable-ssl

and MP2 with:
MP_APXS=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs MP_USE_GTOP=1 MP_COMPAT_1X=0

I installed expat-2.0 into the default directory which the README says
is:
libexpat into /usr/local/lib
expat.h into /usr/local/include
xmlwf into /usr/local/bin

> thats probably because you're building against the new expat.  i think
> you need to build apreq  against the expat that apache built against
> (which is in /usr/local/etc) - i'm not sure,but you might get a
> library conflict otherwise.
How do I build apreq against the expat apache built against?
Should I rebuild apache and MP2 now that I've installed the newer expat
then?

Boysenberry

boysenberrys.com | habitatlife.com | selfgnosis.com