httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [RT] what's the roadmap?
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:16:45 GMT
Eli Marmor <marmor@netmask.it> writes:

> Hi Joe,
>
> First, congrats and thanks for 2-2.07.
>
> Everything sounds great (well, maybe except for the words "that may
> take some time doing" ;-)
>
> My question: currently, there is one big libapreq2-2.07.tar.gz; Why
> don't we split it into two files, one for the "C glue", a candidate for
> the integration into httpd (or apr/apr-util?),

What makes the most sense to me is to somehow integrate trunk/include,
trunk/library and trunk/module into httpd.  For instance, I'd
like to see an fcgi module grow up alongside trunk/module/apache2.
I think splitting the library off into apr makes little sense
from a user's standpoint, since the whole point of it is to parse
server-side form submissions.

> and the second, Perl glue, depnding on the former, a candidate for
> integration into mod_perl/CPAN?

Either directly into mod_perl, or as a standalone release
from the perl pmc would be cool with me.

--
Joe Schaefer