httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: make error
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:21:24 GMT
Boysenberry Payne <boysenberry@humaniteque.com> writes:

> When I do make test I get the following error:
> waiting 60 seconds for server to start: .Syntax error on line 168 of
> /Users/boysie/src/libapreq2-2.07/module/t/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load
> /Users/boysie/src/libapreq2-2.07/module/apache2/.libs/mod_apreq2.so
> into server: dyld: /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd can't open library:
> /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapreq2.2.dylib  (No such file or directory, errno =
> 2)\n
>
> Any ideas?

We've seen that bug before.  IMO it's a libtool bug on OS-X:
during compilation the linker should link mod_apreq2.so to the
locally built (not yet installed) libapreq2.2.dylib in library/.libs.
Then during "make install" libtool is supposed to massage mod_apreq2.so
so that the linkage path of the installed mod_apreq2.so points at the
installation path for libapreq2.2.dylib (/usr/local/apache2/lib).
But for some reason, on OSX it just always uses the installation path,
even during "make".

I don't think there's anything we can do about that, other
than point out the bug somewhere in our docs.  Otherwise you
can install everything first and then run the tests.

--
Joe Schaefer