httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [RT] what's the roadmap?
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 19:25:48 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> writes:

> Eli Marmor wrote:
>> Hi Joe,
>> First, congrats and thanks for 2-2.07.
>> Everything sounds great (well, maybe except for the words "that may
>> take some time doing" ;-)
>> My question: currently, there is one big libapreq2-2.07.tar.gz; Why
>> don't we split it into two files, one for the "C glue", a candidate for
>> the integration into httpd (or apr/apr-util?), and the second, Perl
>> glue, depnding on the former, a candidate for integration into
>> mod_perl/CPAN?
>
> ++1 and I'd be happy to help review anyone's efforts in this direction.

Then checkout

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/apreq/branches/apr-build-system/

  ./buildconf --with-apr=... --with-apr-util=...
  ./configure --with-apr=... --with-apr-util=...
  make

should build a shared libapreq.  The so-version numbers are wrong,
but the build should more or less go thru to that point.  It'd be
cool if someone could clean it up to get make install working, and
then add a build system for module/apache2 (based on httpd of course).

The direction I want to go with this is to come up with something
that can be included in httpd's srcdir.  If we can build mod_apreq
from there, great; if not, then maybe we can put that in httpd's modules
directory.

--
Joe Schaefer