httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: POST_MAX
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 00:43:51 GMT

oh so it isn't even built like that already.

i can't figure out how APR handles /stores errors.  i spent far too
much time this weekend going over the svn head, but don't know nearly
enough C or any xs to make much of any sense of it

personally though, i'd love to see a way to check for errors ( or
status ) - that works like either of the below - so  i'm going to
wishlist them now.  and everyone can say its a bad idea or 'its a
good idea, here's how to patch it', as i can't figure it out.

1 - a version of the perl glue ( and whatever else ) for the
xxx_status functions that either
	returns the error code instead of the error message
	returns a tuple of code/message ie: [ 'OVERLIMIT','The POST param
exceeds the configured limit']
2 - something that only returns errors or lets one probe for a
specific error.( the former would be better, but i think the latter
might be easier to code)
	ie:
		if ( my $error = $apr->body_errors() )
		{
			if ( $error == 'OVERLIMIT' ){}
		}
	or
		if ( $apr->body_errors() )
		{
			if (  $apr->has_error('OVERLIMIT')  ){}
		}

as-is, things seem awkward because body_status, args_status are the
method of catching an error - but also seem to return non-error text.