httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@taperfriendlymusic.org>
Subject Re: Cookies in IE/Non-dev libapreq2 version for apache2?
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 08:15:09 GMT
Jason Younker wrote:
> I recently upgraded to the following (on a rhel3 box mason2.2):
> Apache/2.0.55
> mod_ssl/2.0.55
> OpenSSL/0.9.8
> mod_apreq2-20050712/2.1.3-dev
> mod_perl/2.0.2
> Perl/v5.8.0
>
> Everything has been running fine on my linux dev box (using firefox
> 1.5). However, when I switch over to my windows box and use internet
> explorer, I can't get any cookie info.
>
> Here is a simple test which shows the problem (where $r below is an
> Apache2::RequestRec object):
>
> my $jar = Apache2::Cookie::Jar->new($r);
> $m->out("Jar Status: ". $jar->status() ."<br>");
>
> At this point, I want to install a reliably stable, non-dev version of
> libapreq2 so that I be sure the problem is not something with a
> Apache2::Cookie stuff. Or, better yet, if you have *any* ideas where I
> have gone wrong (missing module, perhaps an entry missing from my
> httpd.conf), I would really, really appreciate any suggestions.

You may want to try this cooking recipe[1] to determine if your setup
functions under it.  If that's the case the error is probably in your
implementation.  I'm not familiar with the Cookie::Jar approach you're
using.  But I have experienced what you are describing with regards to
the IE/Firefox behavior, it occurred when the cookie had an invalid
domain or path.

[1]
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/coding/cooking.html#Sending_Cookies_Using_libapreq2