httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Sabol" <sa...@alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: [RT] what's the roadmap?
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:36:48 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> This time we got lots of help from httpd'ers, who have expressed an
> interest in seeing this list absorbed into dev@httpd.
>
> I think that's a good idea, so long as dev@httpd can withstand the
> occasional question about our perl glue.

I would like to express the opposite interest. I subscribe to
apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org because I'm interested in the development of
apreq. I'm *not* interested in the development of httpd as a whole. I
definitely would not like to see apreq-dev absorbed into
dev@httpd.apache.org. It would make following the development of apreq far
more difficult for me.

I have no objection to incorporating the apreq C APIs into httpd or the Perl
APIs into mod_perl. I think that's a fine goal and would make apreq available
more universally and as easy to install as Apache and mod_perl.

Best wishes,
Ed