httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Apache2::Cookies - getting all names
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 01:34:28 GMT
"Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com> writes:

> If I'm reading the docs for Apache2::Cookie::Jar correctly, we don't have
> function that will get alls cookies as an array we just have these combos:
>
>     $cookie = $j->cookies("foo");  # first foo cookie
>     @cookies = $j->cookies("foo"); # all foo cookies
>     @names = $j->cookies();        # all cookie names
>
> If you add in Apache2::Cookie->fetch()
>
>     my $cookies = Apache2::Cookie->fetch($r); #
>     my %cookies = Apache2::Cookie->fetch($r);
>
> Whats missing from that is
>
> @cookies = $j->cookies() # all COOKIES (PERIOD)
>
> which is really what I wish $j->cookies() would do instead of names.

Me too, but that's not the point.  We need to carry
over the pre-rename behavior of Apache::Cookie.

> I sort of agree with Jeff in that we should add
>
> @names = $j->cookie_names() # all cookie names
>
> in conjunction with the above.

But that's what @names = $j->cookies is for.
The return list can't be both a list of names and a list of cookies,
and that API choice was made a long time ago.
It just needs to be fixed to match the docs.

--
Joe Schaefer