httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: How to use Apache2::Upload
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:26:19 GMT
Michael Peters <mpeters@plusthree.com> writes:

> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

>> instead ... Apache2::Cookie was just let in for back compat and we don't
>> generally recommend it anymore.
>
> This is, at least to me, annoying. Apache::Request's API is pretty
> simple and familiar to those who know CGI.pm. APR::Request is probably
> more flexible, and more like the underlying C API. I don't think this
> means that the Apache2::Request modules should be abandoned.

I don't think they should be, or will be, abandoned either.  But the
fact is that they were developed when we still had apreq_request_t
and apreq_jar_t structs on the C side, so some of the apis no longer
make much sense now.

But if you can avoid the warts, and apparently you can, I think they're
fine to use, and we shouldn't have any problem supporting them here.
It's not like they're terribly big or complex to maintain.  Besides,
Apache2::Cookie is a nice application of APR::Request::Cookie-
they aren't functionally equivalent modules (one does
CGI::Cookie-compatible decoding, the other doesn't).

--
Joe Schaefer