httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Peters <mpet...@plusthree.com>
Subject Re: How to use Apache2::Upload
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2005 00:53:48 GMT

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>>     In the Apache2::Upload doc it gives the following example:
>
> I would recommend that you check out:
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/docs/libapreq2/group__apreq__xs__apr__request__cookie.html
>

> instead ... Apache2::Cookie was just let in for back compat and we don't
> generally recommend it anymore.

This is, at least to me, annoying. Apache::Request's API is pretty
simple and familiar to those who know CGI.pm. APR::Request is probably
more flexible, and more like the underlying C API. I don't think this
means that the Apache2::Request modules should be abandoned.

Is there any interest in having someone maintain the Apache2::Request
(Upload, Cookie, etc) family to have the same old API? This shouldn't
detract from the APR::Request modules in any way, and they can still be
encouraged if that's the general consensus. They can even be spun off
into their own distribution and just use the APR::Request underneath.

Thoughts?

--
Michael Peters
Developer