httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: towards a 2.07 release
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 05:00:02 GMT
Edward J. Sabol wrote:
> It seems to me that both are desirable under different circumstances. Does it
> make sense to add an option to configure.pl ("--die-if-prereqs-fail"?) which
> controls this?
You would think this -- but no.

1) You have know it exists and remember to specify it.

of course you would say a smart sys admin or us would do
./configure --help first

but even if you do, you usually only look at the last page, unless you know
there is an option you have find the name of....

i.e. jpeg support for GD2.pm
[I happen to maintain its FreeBSD port, hence the example]

IMHO

Most of the people on apreq-dev@ are contributors, power users, or committers.  I believe
we would want to target
those left out of this equation..... aka I just want to be able to use libapreq2 to retrieve
query paramters instead of
CGI under mod_perl.

--
END