httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: towards a 2.07 release
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 04:55:57 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> 1) leave things as-is, which allows the cpan client to sift through
> the generated Makefile in order to pursue unsatisfied prereqs,
>
> or
>
> 2) change back the "warn" calls to "die", which will confuse the cpan client,
> but will allow human users to figure out exactly what needs to be done
> in order for the build to continue.

I think Stas and I both were forgetting #1 unless I just don't recall it.

Could we not distrubute a dummy Makefile that's gets overwritten by Makefile.PL
and this dummy makefile does nothing other then have dependency information for CPAN?

Assuming, the above is a bad idea, [I don't like it]....

Do not more users install libapreq (v2 at least) manually?

2 is inconvient for CPAN, but failsafe -- at least when it does fail, you'll get a real error.
You get some rather interesting failures if say mod_perl2.pm wasn't installed.

So if I'm force to choose, I vote #2.

HTH

I still owe Makefile.PL work and INSTALL static build updating...
If I just had time...

--
END
                 Nothing is impossible.