httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject charset support in mfd parser (was Re: what to do about rfc 2047?)
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 02:34:17 GMT
"Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com> writes:

> Also, wouldn't ?q? from your example have be to be a registered
>>language tag?
> Such as 'en' ?

The example was made up on the spot, and Andre pointed out that
it was incorrect.  Lemme rephrase the question like this:
we already have some simple charset support in the urlencoded
parser, so how much of that do we need to transpose to the multipart
parser?  And just as importantly: do we need it right now, in our
first non-dev release, or can it be safely added in a future release?

Looking at the examples in 2184 leads me to believe that
we can phase in support later on, because right now the
multipart parser should fail to parse such encodings (since
the *name* of the parameter has a '*' tacked onto the tail,
the mfd parser won't even recognize it).

--
Joe Schaefer