httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: towards a 2.07 release
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 19:22:02 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>

>>Shouldn't this be fatal? (now it continues to run and you can be sure that
>>noone will notice that suggestion)
>>
>>it fails only later when you run make.
>

>>>From `svn log Makefile.PL`:
>
>     r165547 | randyk | 2005-05-01 17:54:26 -0400 (Sun, 01 May 2005) | 4 lines
>
>     When testing perl prerequisites, warn, rather than die, on
>     failure, so as CPAN clients have a chance to install missing
>     prerequisites.
>
> Is there a way (some environment variable perhaps) to tell whether
> we're running under a CPAN client or not?  That way we could die()
> in the non-cpan case.

You can try to detect whether you are running under CPAN, by just checking
that CPAN is loaded may be. But most likely it's running things as
external procs in which case you've no access to that info. In that case
you could only check something like an env var. I've grep'ed around, it
doesn't seem to set any ENV vars by CPAN. May be we should suggest to have
one?

>>Unfortunately there is still no way to pass -libmodperl option anywhere in
>>Makefile.PL stage, so after getting a few dozen core files, I have to go
>>manually and run:
>

> I think Philip was working on this-  IIRC he added an MM_OPTS to
> ./configure but hasn't gotten round to updating Makefile.PL.

Philip++

Stas Bekman mailto:stas@stason.org   | http://stason.org/
MailChannels: Assured Messaging (TM) | http://mailchannels.com/
The "Practical mod_perl" book        | http://modperlbook.org/