httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip W. Dalrymple III" <...@mdtsoft.com>
Subject Re: Problem with cookies in mod_perl
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:20:22 GMT

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 10:29, Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Philip W. Dalrymple III wrote:
>
> > I am have a tough time getting cookies read from a request header. I am
> > using:
> >
> > FC4 (updated to best current)
> > httpd (apache) 2.0.54-10.2 (rpm from fedora)
> > apr 0.9.6-3.1 (rpm from fedora)
> > mod_perl 2.0.1-1.fc4 (again rpm from fedora)
> > Most current Apache2 and APR modules updated from CPAN.
> >
> > I can set the cookie without problems and see it in the browser as the
> > correct string (the cookie is a simple string with only hex digits and
> > one dash for example 35-4b3b65c6539f170cfd46168c5). when I use the code
> >
> > 	my $sess = 'Not Set';
> >        my  $chash = APR::Request::Apache2->handle($r)->jar();
> >        if($chash->{"ipm_s_$db"}) {
> >                $sess = $chash->{"ipm_s_$db"};
> >                }
> > to get the cookie from the session ($db is correct) I get, in the
> > error log
> >
> > /usr/sbin/httpd: symbol lookup
> > error: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/APR/Request/Apache2/Apache2.so:
undefined symbol: apreq_handle_apache2

> > Can someone give me a pointer to what I am doing wrong here.
>
> Do you have a
>     LoadModule apreq_module modules/mod_apreq2.so
> in your httpd.conf? Note that the "2" in mod_apreq2.so.

That was it, thanks. I knew that it was something real simple given the
amount of time that I spent looking for the problem.
--
It is MDT, Inc's policy to delete mail containing unsolicited
file attachments.  Please be sure to contact the MDT staff member BEFORE

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and
addressed.  If you have received this email in error, please advise
postmaster@mdtsoft.com
<mailto:postmaster@mdtsoft.com>.