httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip W. Dalrymple III" <...@mdtsoft.com>
Subject Problem with cookies in mod_perl
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:39:47 GMT
I am have a tough time getting cookies read from a request header. I am
using:

FC4 (updated to best current)
httpd (apache) 2.0.54-10.2 (rpm from fedora)
apr 0.9.6-3.1 (rpm from fedora)
mod_perl 2.0.1-1.fc4 (again rpm from fedora)
Most current Apache2 and APR modules updated from CPAN.

I can set the cookie without problems and see it in the browser as the
correct string (the cookie is a simple string with only hex digits and
one dash for example 35-4b3b65c6539f170cfd46168c5). when I use the code

	my $sess = 'Not Set';
        my  $chash = APR::Request::Apache2->handle($r)->jar();
        if($chash->{"ipm_s_$db"}) {
                $sess = $chash->{"ipm_s_$db"};
                }
 to get the cookie from the session ($db is correct) I get, in the
error log

/usr/sbin/httpd: symbol lookup
error: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/APR/Request/Apache2/Apache2.so:
undefined symbol: apreq_handle_apache2

Can someone give me a pointer to what I am doing wrong here.

I have tried a number of other modules (Apache2::Cookie and a few other
ones) but saw in the list archive that the above code was recommended.

thanks.

--
It is MDT, Inc's policy to delete mail containing unsolicited
file attachments.  Please be sure to contact the MDT staff member BEFORE

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and
addressed.  If you have received this email in error, please advise
postmaster@mdtsoft.com
<mailto:postmaster@mdtsoft.com>.