httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Ville Skyttä <vsky...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.07-rc2 (was Re: towards a 2.07 release)
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 08:48:17 GMT
On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 18:33 -0500, Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Ville Skytt wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 00:40 -0500, Randy Kobes wrote:
> >> I also find that - I think the following should fix this:
> > [...]
> >> +    PMLIBDIRS => ['lib'],
> >
> > Unfortunately it doesn't seem to, the problem persists and I didn't
> > notice the above changing anything.
>
> It works for me in installing the Apache2::* modules.
> You might have to do a make clean; first, and then
> rerun make; so that the changed Makefile.PL will
> regenerate the new Makefile.

As I'm building rpms, every build will be from a clean state anyway
("clean" as in "as is from the tarball"), there's no Makefile that could
be used to run a "make clean" from.

And BTW, according to my ExtUtils::MakeMaker (6.17 from Perl 5.8.6)
docs, "lib" is in PMLIBDIRS by default so I think the above patch might
be a no-op.

> If this still doesn't work, do the Apache2::* modules
> appear beneath glue/perl/blib/?

Nope.

But I found a way to fix it; immediately after unpacking the tarball,
"rm glue/perl/pm_to_blib" and then proceeding as usual fixes it for me.
I wonder why that file is shipped in the tarball (and the top-level
MANIFEST) in the first place?  It was not in 2.06-dev.