httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Nikolay Ananiev" <anan...@thegdb.com>
Subject Re: Problem with APR::Request::encode and UTF8 data
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:58:08 GMT

"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote in message
news:432C7228.2080007@rowe-clan.net...
> Nikolay Ananiev wrote:
> > APR::Request::encode has a problem escaping binary data (or utf8)
> > This utf8 string: "\x{5c0f}\x{98fc} \x{5f3e}.txt" after encoding
>
> Your problem is that this isn't (apparently) a utf8 stream, but a
> unicode stream.  I'd be interested to know what this stream looks
> like if you dump it to a file (just the origin stream).  It might
> be nothing more than an issue with your perl grammer.
>
> Bill
>

I thought it was utf8 - I just took it from CGI.pm's t/util-58.t
Anyway, I tested the same example with some Cyrillic characters
and the result is the same - instead of escaped bytes, I get a broken string




Mime
View raw message