httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@netmask.it>
Subject Summary: [apache-modules] Session/Cookie-Based Authentication Library
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2005 15:45:33 GMT
[cross posting to two mailing lists]

So far I've received two recommendations about a C library to help
authenticate users based on cookies (and optionally IP/URL/etc.):

Reginald De Crombrugghe recommended mod_auth_tkt (one of the libraries
which were mentioned in my original question), and Ian Holsman (core
developer of Apache httpd) recommended mod_auth_mda.

There are many alternatives, but the amazing point that I found out
immediately after looking at these two libraries, was that they are a
fork of the same base (which was called mod_auth_tkt).

Meanwhile, since the fork, both have added features and changes, so
I'll have to investigate these changes and adopt the better one.

By the way, both support only cookies based sessions.

If anybody else has anything to add about the differences between these
library, or even about another library which does the work, please
speak now or forever hold your peace  ;-)   (just kidding...)

As for the long run, I plan to write my own piece of code, based on
libapreq2; I plan to open it, of course.

Meanwhile, I want to thank Ian and Reginald for their generous help!

--
Eli Marmor
marmor@netmask.it