httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Max Kellermann <...@duempel.org>
Subject Re: Session/Cookie-Based Authentication Library
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:20:03 GMT
On 2005/09/22 14:11, Eli Marmor <marmor@netmask.it> wrote:
> By the way: it may be based on libapreq2. And if I come into it,
> then what about the following idea: to add some authentication
> functions to libapreq2; In any case, it already does most of the
> work, including GET/POST parameter manipulation, as well as cookie
> manipulation.

I believe we should not add anything about authentication to libapreq.
It is currently a generic request parser, and should stay so.  Adding
authentication would require to make assumptions about the
authentication procedure, which in turn forces users to follow our
assumptions.

There is no disadvantage in implementing authentication in an
additional library.

Max