httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: Loading Apache2::Request under CGI on Win32
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:48:30 GMT
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Nikolay Ananiev wrote:

> "Randy Kobes" <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Nikolay Ananiev wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I'd like my application to do the following:
>>>
>>> if(eval{require Apache2::Request}) {
>>> use_apreq();
>>> } else {
>>> use_cgi_pm();
>>> }
>>>
>>> This works with mod_perl on Win32, but has problems under CGI (again on
>>> Win32).
>>>
>>> The problem appears when libapreq2.dll and mod_apreq2.so
>>> are not in $ENV{PATH}.
>>> When eval{require Apache2::Request} is executed, on the
>>> desktop appears a message saying that libapreq2.dll could
>>> not be found in the path. This would hold the perl process
>>> until the administrator hits OK. Is there any way to
>>> prevent this message from showing up? Or maybe there
>>> should be a warning while installing apreq2 that in order
>>> to use Apache2::Request under CGI, libapreq2.dll and
>>> mod_apreq2.so must be in the PATH?
>>>
>>> I know I can just add the missing paths to the
>>> environment, but I'm going to sell my application and I'd
>>> like to prevent the problems that may appear on my
>>> clients' servers.
>>
>> I've seen this problem too - what you might try is
>> testing for the presence of APR::Request instead.
>
> This won't help me prevent the problem.

I missed that you were also missing libapreq2.dll in the
PATH - sorry about that. Testing for APR::Request only needs
libapreq2.dll (not mod_apreq2.so) in the PATH (and
potentially also the Apache apr dlls, which typically are in
the same directory as libapreq2.dll).

> BTW, is there an equivalent of GNU ld's -rpath option for
> the win32 linker? If there is, it will be easy to fix this
> problem.

I'm not aware of one.

--
best regards,